Connection: Within, Without will create a group experience that aids each participant in reclaiming greater, fuller and safer body awareness through relational and client-centred practices. The series invites you to relate with yourself, and others, in gentle support to re-establish and reinforce a more direct connection to feeling.
Connection: Within, Without is a seven week series that runs from February 24 to April 6, 2020, facilitated by Phill.
The series is delivered in-person for four classes (Church St. and Adelaide St, Toronto), with three supplemental video-calls between classes. Over the course of the seven weeks, we will create a safe and sustained space to come into greater and fuller body awareness.
Due to the sensitive and relational nature of this work, this series may not be the right fit for someone who has had adverse traumatic experiences for which they are not yet being therapeutically supported. Though safe use of self is employed throughout this series, this work is not suitable for all. For this reason, an application process will help us explore whether this is the right time for you to participate in the series.
What’s Covered in Connection: Within, Without
We will meet in-class, over the course of four Mondays. These classes will be supplemented by three 1-on-1 video-calls. Each week of Connection: Within, Without will unfold as follows:
Class 1 – Opening Gently – February 24
- You are already a deeply feeling human. Your life has unfolded in a way that provides you with some knowing. But now, you are ready to explore the yearning you have for more. For more connection to yourself and your feelings; for more connection to others. In this first class, we will create a container for all to feel safe so we may open gently to greater and fuller feeling in the coming weeks. Boundaries play a key role in this class – we will explore your own and others’ boundaries so the class feels aptly held and ready for deeper work and integration.
Class 2 – Experiences, Trauma and Feeling – March 9
- Our experiences can be light or heavy. Often times, the heavy experiences are traumas that we hold in one way or another. In this class, we will explore adverse experiences from our past and the impact they may have on us today. We will bring focus to our bodies and places of freezing, numbing, or other sensations we may or may not be aware of. We’ll also explore practices that can offer us support and re-integration in our day-to-day living.
Class 3 – Our Inner Child and Us – March 23
- Our inner child often influences how we react through our daily lives. Through their eyes, we can learn about projection and how our adult self may shoulder mediation. Reawakening safety and compassion for your inner child can bring awareness to how we detach from present day life. This awareness also is the road to re-invite ourselves back into connection with our body in the now moment. In this class, we will explore trusting our body senses and knowing how and when our adult self can intervene.
Class 4 – Connecting Deeper – April 6
- Connecting deeper means that we can realize our potential for change and growth. In this final class, we will meet more deeply with our yearning to see how we can continue to explore greater and fuller body awareness beyond the class. We will journey to witness ourselves in ways that let us feel freer than when we started the series. Reflection on our growth as a group will help build roadmaps for next steps. We will also discuss avenues of continued support and integration after the series.
Video-calls – Strengthening Who We Are – March 2, 16 and 30
- These video-calls will ensure that the material covered in-class has time to integrate and be discussed. Participants will have a half-hour sessions with Phill to discuss anything that may be coming up that needs extra support. These sessions are meant to deepen your connection and capacity to be with greater, fuller and safer body awareness.
For further information on the resources used to create this series, please visit the literature review.
Enrollment is based on an application process to determine if applicants are well suited for this group work.
There is limited space for six participants in this series. You are encouraged to apply early.
The application cutoff is February 15 and all applicants will be notified of their participation by February 18.
Before applying, please ensure that you are available for all of the following dates. This will ensure a safe and constant container is available for all participants.
6 to 8 p.m.
30 min. session between 6 to 9 p.m.
|March 2 |
The cost for Connection: Within, Without is one payment of $300.
Payment is required to ensure enrollment. If your application is accepted you will be notified and will have 48 hours to confirm and submit payment. Your payment will be processed after your application has been approved.
At this series price, each in-class session would cost $50 and each video-call would cost $33.
(($50 × 4) + ($33 × 3) = $300)
A one hour session with Phill normally costs $80.
Connection: Within, Without is a 9.5 hour series which would cost $760 if regularly priced.